Translate

Monday, May 18, 2009

Pretentions indeed!!

I wasnt that sure about Ritz after a huge disappointment from A-Star but still dropped by the MS showroom on saturday on our way.
The car:

- The quick intital look at all 4 sides suggests nothing new. The headlights are getting bigger and deeper and feels like a design idea being pushed to its limits and its about time when it will get discarded by everyone.
- The rear looks like someone actually trimmed it using a chainsaw. I opened the rear door and top of my head was actually touching the top half of the opened door. Boot space? even i10 has a slighly bigger space.
- Cockpit/dashboard looks raw, very raw. Looks like assembled in hurry and without any thought behind it.
- Driver's seat, has same amount of seating and leg space as that of i10. I felt nothing new in the very short-inside campus-low speed-test drive, but did give the paddle a very short boost and the response was nothing extraordinary.
Eventually I got the answer to one of my questions:

Question: why so aggresive pricing?
Answer: its not aggresively priced, its actually worth that much only.
Nothing special, nothing at all!!
And that pops another question for me:

Question: whats the sense of having this car in market where a swift revamp would have been a better option?
Back home drive in my i10 and wifey says: for the first time after a test drive i feel my car being more spacious!!

3 comments:

Eva said...

well...I'm sure we're both waiting for the launch of Jazz...ummm...somehow I love the name "Jazz"...and since its a Honda... it better be good as well...(hmm....but I still miss Accord though...man! that was a luxury!!)

Sajal said...

Jazz is defenitely a great hatch back!! Going by the reviews of it's European versions.... it's Indian version should take the market by storm. Have seen a couple of them at Paris ariport, and I liked the looks of it in flesh too!! You know a complete and satisfactory package types!! :)

I once rode a BMW 545i in US and and was alongside Manu, when he test drove the Audi Q7 over here!! I'm telling you guys.... all the serious cash these machines demand.... they don't dissapoint you not even for a single penny.... it's "GET OVERWHELMED" written all over it!!

Unknown said...

Bhai, you're turning into an experienced car reviewer, ye part time job bhi ho jayega ;)