Translate

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

break?...speed up??

was one heavy traffic monday and i was in that traffic...on the MG road towards delhi. Other than heavy traffic the last thing you actually want is a 350 CC Royal enfield with a rider with some very bad attitude come falling over you. and when this actually happens and before your mind goes numb...only option you have is to avoid it.

Speed was a smooth 60 at that time...i was over taking a sedan which was on the slowish side and gave me way the way it should do. I took a glance on my rear view mirrors and went ahead with the over take. half way through the overtake my left mirror showed a noisy electra 350 moving very dangerously towards me and that sedan. i thought of trying the only easily available and quick communication medium.. "telepathy" to tell the bastard that "you better not be trying to take the narrow space between me and that sedan!!!". Obviously there was a connection error and he didnt get my message. He actually went for that narrow passage!!

I completed my overtake and after overtakes i generally change lane and let faster vehicles go by but since this bastard was in the middle, lane change was temporarily not available. Meanwhile i somehow avoided a pothole and that bastard didnt have any room to avoid it and went through the pothole and lost his balance eventually and came dangerously close to me. His front wheel started brushing my rearsets. This impact actually made my rear skid a bit sideways and i felt "few more moments and this one is gonna lock my rear". Breaking was also not an option otherwise he could have crashed into me. So i just hit the topgear and let the throttle roll. Few noises from my rear and i was away avoiding the lock. When i moved off i heard sound of metal crashing and few words of concern (swearing) from behind and my left mirror showed and electra down on road. ...

...i was on my way!! did a quick damage check after a while..couldnt find any!!
phew!!..damnnn that was close!!

breaking is not always the right option!!you see what i mean!!??

1 comment:

Sajal said...

came to know about this dude and even called you up this morning....
damm it was close........and thanks a tonn for saving everythig and everyone!!!! I owe you one!!!!